2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) is a selective weedkiller which works by uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation and is in widespread use. It is known as "agent orange". A 65 year old man had acute hepatitis, thought to be caused by exposure to 2,4-D. The patient ingested 2,4-D as a result of habitual licking of his golf ball. Clinical and histological data together with a challenge test confirmed the diagnosis of "golf ball liver".
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.